Saturday 4 January 2014

Jar of Accomplishments

Hi guys! Can you believe we're almost a week into 2014?
Lately I've been reading through some new blogs and I found this really cute idea that I just had to share with you! (I wish I could remember exactly who posted about it because her blog was set out so beautifully and she seriously sold this little idea to me!)

This sweet and endearing idea is to keep a "jar of accomplishments"! I've done a bit of research and this nifty idea has been around for quite a few years, so I don't know why I never heard about it! The aim of this mini project is to keep a jar for the duration of the year and gradually fill it with pieces of paper. On these pieces of paper, you write anything good that happens to you and anything you feel you have achieved. These can be in relation to accomplishing your new year's resolutions or just little things that you're proud of. At the end of the year, you empty out the jar and read through each note.


I absolutely love this concept and I shall be making one for this year, without a doubt! I think we spend way too much time thinking about the things we have done wrong and hardly ever stop to think about the positives. If we spent even just one day of the year looking at what we CAN do, then maybe we would be able to achieve things we have only ever dreamt of!

3 comments:

  1. I have one of these. It's a really lovely idea. (if you remember to put things in!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one yesterday and have already had things to put in it! Hope 2014 brings many opportunities for you :)

      Delete
  2. Aww wow this is a great idea!! I don't have the best memory, so I'm also trying to write at least one thing down on my calendar that I do each day (not sure how long that'll last...haha) but the "Jar of Accomplishments" idea would be great as a highlight reel to look back on in 12 months :)!!

    ReplyDelete